Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nokia N78 live pics...

From Me and My Phones blog:

Ok, I got my greasy hands on an N78. Before I do a review on this proto unit, I'd like to spend some quality time with it. So it won't be maybe a week before I write it up.

Anyway, first impressions are pretty good. The phone looks much much better in real life than photos, so I take back my words in saying that it's ugly based on pictures on the internet. I love the way the phone looks like it's off when the screen back light is off. Being a prototype unit, the build quality isn't that great, but is very acceptable. It feels as good the the N82 prototype I had, which held up fine for a long time. The screen brightness is definitely better than an N82.

Weird as the keypad looks, it's actually pretty ok to use. No major adjustments needed.

The S60 FP2 adds quite a bit candy to the UI and it feels closer to the iPhone's interface, which has nice transitions in everything you do. The iPod-like touch sensitive D-pad works great especially scrolling through your large collection of music and/or photos.

So here are just a few pictures to whet your appetite:








Sorry, but the plastic protector has gotta go.

Ahhh, much better.

It's alive.


Close up shots of the keypad.


Can't get a good picture of the back cover with the plastic protector, so bye bye.

Reminds me of the carbon fibre dash kit on my car.

Transferring my stuff over from the N82.

Manage to wring an 8800 Arte, 7900 Prism and 8600 Luna from them too. By the way, I have to give them all back, so no need to be envious.

Like I said, gimme some time to use it before I write it up. Patience my friends...

1 comment:

chanapong said...

Nokia N78
is the new entry level Nseries. Features a 3.2 megapixel camera, integrated GPS, WiFi and HSDPA connectivity and The Nokia N78 is the new entry level Nseries. Features a 3.2 megapixel camera.


Go Large!
Google
-->